Install Kali Linux on VirtualBox
Hey Guys, In this post, I will share how to download & install Kali Linux on virtual box and also explained the best way to setup virtual box for Kali Linux and the best way to install Kali Linux on the virtual box as well. I have briefly explained the installation process by keeping the beginners in mind, so simply follow the below steps and learn how to install Kali Linux on virtual box. I have also shared the video guide to installing Kali Linux on the virtual box for better understanding.
About virtual box:
A virtual box is a virtual machine which acts as another computer with OS inside a computer. with the help of this, you can use any operating system with any operating system on your PC/Laptop. the virtual machine has made life easier & help you to use 2 or more operating systems inside a single PC/laptop without any restart or dual boot. there are many other virtual machines similar to the virtual box, but in this tutorial, I will explain how to download & install Kali Linux in virtual box.
About Kali Linux:
Kali Linux is an operating system which is heaven for all types of hackers. Most of the hacker use this to hack anything which is connected to the internet. This operating system comes with root access which is nothing but administrative access and it is said that it one of the most secure operating system. Here you won’t find any graphics.. everything is done via terminal & coding only. this is available in both 32 & 64 bit and you don’t need to pay a single penny because it’s an open source. Installation of Kali Linux is as simple as ABCD… and I really like Kali Linux… I have dual booted my laptop with Kali Linux. According to me, everyone should use Kali Linux because it gives a huge amount of knowledge and using windows will make you lazy.
Requirements for Kali Linux:
- A minimum of 1GB RAM
- A min of 20GB Hard disk
- PC/Virtual Machine/Laptop
Things covered in this post:
- Downloading of Virtual Box & Kali Linux ISO
- Installing Virtual Box on your PC/Laptop
- Virtual Box setup for Kali Linux
- Kali Linux Installation Setup on virtual box
- Virtual Box
- Kali Linux ISO 32/64 Bit
ALSO SEE: DUAL BOOT KALI LINUX ON WINDOWS 10
VirtualBox Setup for Kali Linux:
1. First of all download both kali Linux iso file & virtual box on your PC/Laptop
2. After downloading simply double click on VirtualBox installation file and install it.
3. Now after installing virtual box follow the below steps
- Now you need to select a name for your virtual box
- Enter name as Kali Linux and click on next (when you enter Kali Linux the remaining
- Settings will automatically assign as Linux & version as Linux 2.6/3.x)
- This time you need to setup virtual hard drive, simply select “create a virtual hard drive now” and click on next
- Now you need to setup file location & size, Simply select whichever the folder you want and select the hard drive as 20GB or more and click on create
Now you have finished the Virtual Box setup like installation location & hard disk setup for Kali Linux and now you need to make some setting in order to make your Kali Linux requirements fulfill.
- Go to setting> General> Basic> Version> Debian 64/32 Bit
- After that select advance> Shared Clipboard> bi-directional & Drag’n’Drop > Bidirectional
- Select system and uncheck floppy & check “Enable I/O APIC”
- Now go to Processor and select Processors as 2 & enable PAE/NX
- Now go to Display> Video> Video memory as 128MB and enable the extended feature as “Enable 3D Acceleration”
Make sure all the settings are same as the below image for better performance of Kali Linux on virtual box
That is you have done the kali Linux requirements setup and follow the below steps to install the Kali Linux process on virtual box
Install Kali Linux on Virtual Box Process:
- First of all, double-click on Kali Linux and a window will pop up.
2. Now select “Graphical Installation option” & Select language, location & keyboard.
3. Now give a hostname as kale or any other as you want and click on continue.
4. Now give the domain name as TechyGude.net and click on continue
5. Now give the password to your Kali Linux.. make sure you remember it. you need to enter the password to login to your Kali
6. Select your time zone and click on continue
7. Now select Guided-use entire disk as your partition method and click on continue
12. Now select “YES” for Use a network mirror and click on continue
13. Now leave it as blank if not using proxy and click on continue
14. Now select “yes” for install the GRUB Bootloader to the master boot record and click on continue
15. Now click on continue for installation complete and you are done installing Kali Linux on virtual box. enjoy exploring Kali Linux.
Kali Linux on Virtual Box installation Video Guide:
This is one of the finest operating system and totally different from windows. if you want knowledge then start using Kali Linux and explore it. feel free to share your experience about this installation of Kali Linux on virtual box and if you have any problem with the installation then join TechyGuide Facebook group for instant help from the techy experts.