Dual Boot Kali Linux With Windows 10 on UEFI Firmware
Hey Guys, Welcome to Techy Guide... This time I am back with dual booting Kali Linux with Windows 10 on UEFI firmware. So simply follow the steps & learn how to dual boot Kali Linux with Windows 10 with UEFI mode. I have also shared the video guide for dual booting Kali Linux with Windows 10 for better understanding.
What is Kali Linux:
Kali Linux is an open source operating system under Linux distribution which is developed by offensive security. The Kali Linux is specially designed for penetrating testing and digital forensics. Kali Linux has also known as hackers most loving operating system & it is the most secure operating system as well. it has got more than 600 preinstalled penetrating testing tools & comes under 32/64 bit images. some of the most popular tools of Kali Linux are Nmap, Aircrack-ng, Kismet, Wireshark, Metasploit Framework, Burp Suite, John the Ripper, Social engineering Toolkit, Maltego, Ettercap, OWASP ZAP and much more
Kali Linux Minimum requirements:
- 20GB Harddisk
- Min of 1GB RAM
- Bootable USB/CD/DVD
Things you do via this dual Boot Kali Linux Guide
- Making free space for Kali Linux
- Download Kali Linux
- Create Bootable USB Pendrive with Kali Linux
- Setup in Windows 10 for Dual Boot
- Installing Kali Linux
ALSO SEE: INSTALL KALI LINUX ON VIRTUAL BOX
Dual Boot Kali Linux With Windows 10:
- First of all download Kali Linux 32/64 bit iso file (it’s free to download & open source)
- Then make a bootable pen drive with Kali Linux in just single click
- After making you kali Linux bootable pen drive ready simply follow the below steps
Things to do before dual booting Kali Linux in Windows 10:
1. Open disk management and create an unallocated space of around 100GB for smooth running (you can also take 50GB as you wish)
2. Restart your pc into bios setup
3. Goto Bios setup and select System Configuration
4. In the system configuration, First of all, disable secure boot and then enable legacy mode and save the settings.
Dual booting Kali Linux:
5. Now Connect your pen drive & goto bios Mode by pressing F9(For HP users) and select Your pen drive to get into Kali Linux installation window
6. After getting into Kali Linux install setup, Select install in the graphical mode
7. Now After selecting install in the graphical mode it will ask you to select language, location & keyboard configuration
8. After that, it will ask for primary network adaptor, simply select wireless network adaptor & click on next. Select your wifi network and connect to it by entering the wifi password.
9. After connecting to your wifi, you need to configure the hostname which is nothing but the name for your computer/PC
10. After entering the Hostname, now enter the domain name as www.techyguide.net and click on continue/next
11. You need to setup password for your Kali Linux, simply set a password and make sure you remember it
12. it will ask for partition method, simply select manual and click on continue/next
13.. Now select the free space which you allocated for Kali Linux and click on continue/next
14. Now select create a partition and enter at least 2gb of disk space and click on next
15. After clicking on next it will ask location for the new partition, simply select beginning and hit next
16. Now you will see partition settings, goto mount point, and select /boot – static file of the bootloader & click on continue/next. Now select done setting up the partition and click on next. now you will a new boot partition of 2gb created.
17. Now again select the free space and select create a new partition and click on next. it will ask for new partition size, simply enter at least 20gb of size then hit continue and select beginning. it will be already in the / so no need to make any changes. simply click on done setting up the partition. This time you will see a new partition of / with 20gb allocated memory
18. Now again goto the free space and enter at least 20gb of free space but as we have a huge amount of free space simply enter around 70gb and click on enter now select beginning> mount point: /home> done setting up the partition. Now you will see a new /home partition with 70gb.
19. This is the final partition for swap area and it at least needs 2gb or higher. as we have a free space of about 7gb simply select 6/7gb and click on next Now select beginning> use as: swap area > done setting up the partition and finally click on finish partition & write changes to disk
20. Now it will ask for write changes to disk, simply select yes then hit on continue. it will take some time for making the partition & installing the os
21. After finishing the installation, it will ask for use new mirror. simply select no and click on continue. It will install the GRUB bootloader and you are done dual booting the Kali Linux with windows 10.
Dual Boot Kali Linux with Windows 10 Video Guide:
How to access Kali Linux in Dual Boot Mode
- To access the Kali Linux you need to get into the boot mode by pressing f9 for hp user.
- After entering the boot mode simply select the Kali Linux and hit enter.
- Your kali Linux will start booting. that it.
How to remove dual boot Kali Linux
- Simply go to the search and type disk management
- select the partition in which you installed Kali Linux
- Now right click on Kali Linux partition and select delete volume.
- That’s it. you have successfully deleted kali Linux dual boot from your windows 10
I suggest you, use 100 GB for Kali Linux so that their won’t be any lagging. kali Linux is my fav OS and I have learned so much from it & I think that every new generation should be given kali Linux on their laptops instead of windows 10. feel free to share your experience with dual booting Kali Linux and join our techy guide FB group for instant help/solution if you have any problem with dual booting.